Saturday, January 23, 2016

Forever In My Heart






I miss your smile,
I miss your laugh,
I miss you,
and that happiness you always had.
But one day your smile had faded away,
I still remember how I felt that day,
Your warmth and comfort that was always near,
Your life and joy seamed to disappear.
You took your last breath,
To end your suffering,
If I said it hadn't affected me,
I'd just be bluffing.
If I could change everything,
You know I would,
I would change it for you, 
I know I should.
But what if the sadness I had infected everyone else?
What if like a disease it spread all about? 
Maybe I wouldn't do it,
It would just be greedy,
I'm sorry if I sound so desperate and needy,
You have to see this is hard for me to get through.
When every friend I had had was you.
You left me!
You forgot me!
Take me with you!
They say you're in a better place,
and someday I'll be there too.
I guess I'll wait for that someday,
I can't do this to someone else,
Put them through the pain,
That truly doesn't have any gain,
No matter what they say.
I want to scream,
I want to cry,
I have gotten to low points,
Where I just want to die.
But the sad tears are gone,
Now that the damage is done,
And all I can do is smile,
I can remember all of the fun,
The fun we had when it was just you and me.
I cry, but they're happy tears,
when I'm looking back on all of our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment